Wednesday 19 March 2014

A Lovely Trip Out To Lymm Dam With My Dad :)


What better way to spend a sunny Thursday afternoon than with my dad at Lymm Dam
Beautiful glistening water, colourful trees just getting ready to blossom, blue skies and sun shining down!

Me and my dad had a lovely afternoon strolling along the lakes photographing all the beautiful surroundings and having a nice, well needed catch up. We stopped off along the way and had a yummy meal at a cosy little pub called The Golden Fleece, with a nice big outdoor area with benches and tables and lots of sun! Little bit chilly when the breeze came by but not enough to get me and my dad to sit inside on such a lovely day! Cheap prices and amazing portions! 

We then head off with full bellies to continue our stroll and taking lots of pictures along the way!


Tiny waterfalls all around to enjoy including running streams and a wishing bridge!

Beautiful Landscapes, clear blue skies and lots of green land!

Lovely little birdhouses scattered all above in the tree's to accommodate the wide range of bird-life there at the dam!




Golden Sunshine, blossom tree's blooming and just a perfect day for photographing the world.
Tiny details usually get passed by but not with me and my camera around! Looks like the squirrels have been near!
Found the Squirrels! We also learnt that they made the WEIRDEST noises! A strange, hyena-like, chirpy bird noise is the best way I can describe it haha
Sometimes a photograph doesn't need any words except...Beautiful.





Lovely Lakeside view...Imagine the view from THEIR side!


Awww!! Baby swans' are on their way by the looks of this nest making!


Amazing lunch at The Golden Fleece pub where I had one of the biggest burgers EVER with some chunky chips and an ice cold Pepsi! Safe to say ....I was defeated! Finished my burger but the chips just couldn't find any room in my little belly anywhere!




These rocks astounded my dad and I when we read that they have been there for over 250 MILLION years! Strange to think that a few years ago as little girl I used to be running and climbing and playing on these with my big sister and we never even knew how special they are!
This amazing tree had these incredible root-like branches running all the way from the top of the tree into the ground wrapping around the tree!
There were some truly beautiful scenery that day but what really interests me is the little details like these pretty little white flowers, the bright yellow mushrooms growing on the tree stumps and the bright green ivy that clung to the walls all around the nature reserve.








There were little plaques on every park bench with their own tribute or message on them but this one just kept standing out to me and made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside! :)

We also came across these beautiful wood carvings! How fantastic are these creative little things! My favourite had to be the little fairy!
These were some of the other wonderful wood creations! OH! and we actually saw a real life woodpecker along with this wooden one! Who knew they had such beautiful red feathers and my dad was particularly surprised with the overall size of the birds....Expecting a great big bird and we saw this cute little red breasted one pecking away at the top of the tallest tree knocking off big chunks of bark and watching them tumble to the ground. 
Can always count on my dad to pose for the camera and share a cheeky smile!

Love creating these wonderful pattern images of blossoms and tree branches! Perfect for screen-savers and wall canvases! 

Loved this pine green door surrounded by the beautiful stone wall. We just HAD to peek through the bushes and see what was on the other side and turns out...it was the beautiful white house we saw earlier! Somebody likes their privacy and wouldn't you if you were in the middle of the beautiful nature attraction...In such a beautiful house and location everyone would be peeking in your windows! However it is a great escape door to the nature reserve as soon as you step out from it!
A beautiful end to a beautiful day with a few little details captured on the walk back to the car! Lovely flowers in bloom, dried leaves glowing in the sunshine ready to spring new ones and not forgetting the gorgeous white little flowers all over the bushes!

Such a perfect day on my week break back from university and just a wonderful day to spend with my dad and chatting along the lake-side enjoying the views. Will definitely be heading back their in a few weeks to see how that swans nest is getting along when I return back to Manchester for my Easter holidays! However for now...University work is piling on and sunny Newport is my home... until the next time...

No comments: